Megasquirt v Link or??

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Rhys
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Megasquirt v Link or??

Post by Rhys » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

While not totally MX5 I have the 1800 motor and box in my Lotus 7 look alike.
I do have a factory ecu available, but NO plugs, so the choice needs to be made.
Any input would be welcomed, and of course the aftermarket varieties mean I don't have to run the restrctive airflow meter!

Brainflex
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Brainflex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:05 pm

at the moment DIYAUTOTUNE.COM are doing a promotion on facebook, every 100 likes gets an extra 1% discount online. Their ecu could be down to $450 US. I am considering this for my car. Link is $1800 ish but tuners would be more familiar with it.

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Megasquirt v Link or??

Post by jif » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:24 am

On 20 August 2011 13:03, Rhys <horsepower@mx5forum.co.nz (horsepower@mx5forum.co.nz)> wrote:
While not totally MX5 I have the 1800 motor and box in my Lotus 7 look alike.
I do have a factory ecu available, but NO plugs, so the choice needs to be made.
Any input would be welcomed, and of course the aftermarket varieties mean I don't have to run the restrctive airflow meter!

It'd probably depend on what your preference is - a factory ECU will "just work" regardless of weather, altitude etc. The Na8 airflow meter isn't a restrictive flapper-door like the na6 either.   OTOH, a megasquirt will get you lots of exciting options (traction contorl, wideband o2 etc) if you don't mind messing around with it on a fairly constant basis for temp/altitude etc.     That last comment is based on owning a MiataLink - a MS might work better in that dept!   ... does anyone have experience there ?

[Posted via external email]

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”