TOYOTA SC12 supercharger

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

TOYOTA SC12 supercharger

Post by warrior » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 pm

I am planning a trip to Tauranga to go and see/drive the sc12 supercharger kit that is for sale on trade me...(search "supercharger"). It will be on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyone that is intrested to come with me is very welcome. If you would like to come along please PM me and we can sort it out. The seller needs a few days notice so if you would like to come along let me know asap. Cheers.
warrior

aidwano
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by aidwano » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 pm

SC12's are pretty crap, I'd be very suprised to see his claimed power gains. A 4agze has only about 15hp more than an equivalent 4age, (although a 4agze has slightly lower compression ratio).

Should give the bottom end a bit mre grunt though.

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 pm

He is quoting about 165hp at the engine and appox 50% increase in tourqe. The supercharged 4age was 117kw from memory.This kit comes with tuned megasqurt so power claimes sound about right. It can be upgraded with a intercooler and diffrent pullys more more power. I would be happy if I can get 165hp for the money he is asking.
warrior

warrior
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by warrior » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:10 pm

Sorry...leaving from Auckland
warrior

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”