Supercharger source

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

tonys1100s
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Supercharger source

Post by tonys1100s » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 am

Is there a reasonably priced source of supercharger kits in NZ? Looking for the basic Jackson Racing E45 one. Trying to avoid importing from US.

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Post by zorruno » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Only if you can find one second hand... from someone who gets the 'more power' bug! Importing is the only real option to get new - there is just not the market in NZ for anyone to stock them.

cheers.
(z)

busterboyd
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Superchargers

Post by busterboyd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 pm

I am keen to purchase a supercharger kitfor my 2000 , 1,800cc 6 speed, air con , power steering ABS, jap import, model MX-5.
Moss motors have dived for cover when I gave the spec's for the car.
Has any one done this.
At the current exchange rates it is cheap horse power ( and should sound good)
I enjoy the car , just a little more power is required !!

ham
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by ham » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 pm

I have an M45 hot side on my car (1600NA) and goes real well. I would recommend you go for the M62, more power from the get go as you will eventually want it and also more scope to up grade latter if you want. Am surprised Moss are running for cover as the M62 kit is listed on there website. Looks like they have dropped the M45. Just push by now, pay and its on its way. Fitting instructions for mine were a doodle. Could also try Fast Forward Superchargers. www.fastforwardsuperchargers.com A guy down here has just fitted one to his NB and goes real good. Its probably the way I would go if I was to do another one. Also mounts on cold side so can run more boost before needing intercooler. If you are set on an M45, Track Dog Racing are still listing them. www.trachdogracing.com :D
1989 NA Blue JRSC.

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”