cam you help?

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

blackbetty
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

cam you help?

Post by blackbetty » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:23 pm

just curious...im gonna buy a second engine sooner or later and build it up. was wondering what suitable cams would be for street use i dont wnt the almost dying idle i dont mind lack of power low down tho.whats all the numbers mean i assume the larger the number the wilder the cam.its gonna remain n/a btw.
"What's the driving force behind blackbetty"........Satan :twisted::twisted::twisted:

sprsta
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by sprsta » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:25 am

i have a set of hks cams in mine
they used to idle on the factory ecu ok but you knew they were there

you will have numbers for lift duration and overlap
a quick google should bring up plenty about all of these things

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:04 pm

Talk to Kelfords in Christchurch. Their website mentions a "race" grind, not sure if they do a road cam or not.

Alternatively check out Integral Cams. (www.integralcams.com) They do several spec cams and they list the specs of them as well. Not cheap but they are bloody good. Easy to deal with as well.

If you are doing cams, I would strongly recommend a tunable ecu as well to get the best out of them.
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”