Slight hesitation when revving...what could it be?

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Slight hesitation when revving...what could it be?

Post by Timmo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 pm

My car has always had a slight hesitation when revving from cold...it seems to dissapear when hot. You can feel it as a change in acceleration regardless of throttle position (seems to be around 2500 rpm but isn't consistent)

Leads, plugs and airfilter are new. A bottle of injector cleaner was put in not so long ago.

Any ideas? (AFM needs a clean?)

Timmo
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Timmo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Also, has anyone installed one of the roll bars from Dons Autoway services from Hamilton?

He indicated that there would existing bolt holes behind the seats- There is one on each side which doesn't seem to line up with the plates on the bar?

Im also curious to see what people did re trim? Install over the carpets?
Pictures of how it bolts to the seatbelt towers would be useful too

Cheers

JiB
Tentative sideways sliding....
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by JiB » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

I don't think installing a safety item over carpets would be a good idea - no matter how tight you had it the carpet would still introduce compliance into the system reducing its effectiveness.

Any pictures of this rollbar bay any chance? I'm curious to see what it consists of.

WideOpenThrottle
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by WideOpenThrottle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Yeah! i would clean your AFM as well as the throttle body internals with CRC airflow meter cleaner{let the stuff fully evaporate before engine start-up.]
Also a mate of mine just had his Mazda Familia do similar things & it turned out to be the inlet hose to the throttle body had cracks along the plastic ribbing alowing air to pass so fooling the AFM. :D
1989 NA 1650
1998 NB 1800
2005 NC 2000
1990 Landcruiser
Surfboard
Push-bike
Hiking shoes

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”