NA8 LSD's Drifting

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

NicT
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by NicT » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Im interested in finding out more info regarding NA8 LSD's. Are they Viscious as well? Im going to be picking up an NA8 in a couple of weeks to do track hacking/skids in and im interested in finding other people with interests or knowledge regarding sliding these little guys around.

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by poison » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey NicT welcome to the forum.

Search for 'Drifting' and 'Miata' on youtube there are some great video's. They should be ideal as they have the 50/50 front rear weight split although a little short on power at times. That can be cured by a little rain :twisted: Understeer can also be a problem due to the weight balance so some heal toe work to get some weight onto the front wheels will help if you have that issue.

FYI Miata is the name of the MX5 in the USA and UK.

I've split your post off the other NA6 topic. Hope you don't mind.
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:24 pm

The limited slip unit fitted to NA8s was a Torsen (Torque Sensing). This is not quite as suitable for drifting as a clutch type LSD but it is definitely possible to get the tail out.

The Torsen was not fitted to all NA8s so you need to be careful to ensure that the car you buy has one fitted.

There is a bit more info here
http://www.solomiata.com/Drivetrain.html
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

NicT
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by NicT » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Cheers. Ill be running the factory NA8 LSD in my car until i grenade it.

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”