Which Spark Plugs for a 1992 NA

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Sugoi
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Which Spark Plugs for a 1992 NA

Post by Sugoi » Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 am

Hi There,

I figure that it is about time to replace the spark plugs, but do not know which brand or model to use. I do not even know what the stock ones are for it, and figure that someone might be able to tell me what these are, or if there is a better after market / upgrade option.

I was also wondering if I need to replace the spark plug leads or not? I have 170,000 km on the MX-5 and it is a 1.6 litre model, if that makes any difference.

Bye for now :D

Badcat
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

talk to ross - www.mx5mart.co.nz

Post by Badcat » Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 am

hey.
my suggestion is to use ross at mx5mart - excellent parts an d service at great prices.

spark plug leads - NGK are the best:
http://www.mx5mart.co.nz/db.cgi?db=mart ... records2=1

spark plugs - NGK BKR6:
http://www.mx5mart.co.nz/db.cgi?db=mart ... records2=1

kind regards
ken

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 pm

The factoy recommended NGK plugs work just fine.
If you are using factory or budget aftermarket plug leads, prepare yourself for a case of chronic misfire...I was warned about this when I first got my car, but it was still a shock when it occured. A set of Repco Champion leads fixed the problem, but have since upgraded to some high performance Racing Beat leads which 'should' last longer.
NGK plug leads would seem to be a cost effective way to go....as advised - Ross at MX5 Mart can do plugs and leads...

Ian
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

brownie
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by brownie » Fri May 30, 2008 8:57 pm

NGK, BKR6E-11 or Platinum type BKR6EVX-11 i think,Can't go wrong with these ,Platinum are long life and the best to use.
No worries,
If you get stuck contact me at work,Mazline Partsworld,0800 323 626 and i can sort a sharp price for you,
Mark

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”