MP62 Supercharger contact wanted

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Thu May 08, 2008 5:20 pm

I am interested in making contact with anyone who has recently fitted an MP62 supercharger....

Cheers, Ian
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Thu May 08, 2008 9:57 pm

dont know of anyone in nz with an MP62 setup..all of the s/c's are m45's as found in the jackson kits. Miata.net would be your best bet. also search for "BRP forum"
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Post by jif » Thu May 08, 2008 10:35 pm

there's someone called "kiwiata" on forum.miata.net who seems to have a MP62 hotside ... assuming they're not on here you'd have to try PM'ing them via the forum.

HTH

[Posted via external email]

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Fri May 09, 2008 9:35 am

Thanks guys.
Yes, I was aware of 'kiwimiata'...he seems to have a self assembled kit, but will PM him.

The hotside MP62 superceeded the M45 about 12 months ago and I know is marketed by both Moss and FMiata, albeit with different engine management, power levels and price!

Cheers, Ian
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Fri May 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Ian, please don't tell me you are going over to the dark side .........
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Fri May 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Euen...relax.
But, having moved south and about to be reunited with my old circuit of almost 20 yrs ago.......the desire to have 180 hp on Teretonga's straight may prove irresistable!
My mind goes back to when I had 230hp in the old RX3 which weighed 750KG and no brakes (to speak of).........time will tell!!!

Ian :lol: !

Euen

Post by Euen » Fri May 09, 2008 7:26 pm

I think if I had more room and better air flow under the bonnet of the TG I would consider it but I have serious concerns about heat build up under there.

But then again, there is always my son's '92 MX5 and my other son has a T28 turbo off a Pulsar GTiR sitting in the garage gathering dust. Hmmmmmm.
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Time to resurrect an old post...

I have just got my hands on an MP62 Gen 4 supercharger :D Not sure what I'm supposed to do from here though. At the moment the plan it to stop spending money so I can purchase a Fast Forward Coldside setup and install it over New Years when I 1) have money again to be able to buy it and 2) have time to pull the car to pieces, swear lots and get it back together before having to go back to work...

Does anyone have any MP62 experience? Could anyone persuade me to go to a hotside setup? I know there are at least 2 FFS mx5s in NZ now, does anyone know these people? Does anyone have any other input other than saying I should go turbo (I have HPC coated Maxim Works Extractors I'd rather not butcher/replace)?

Ta

sprsta

Post by sprsta » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:54 pm

go turbo hahah

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:59 pm

sprsta wrote:go turbo hahah
Lies. Now I definitely need to make the car faster than your old one ;-)

ham
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by ham » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 am

Yeah, know a guy in Manawatu with a Fastforward Supercharger MP62 cold side. Loves it. Will PM u his e-mail when I get home tonight if I remember. Have to say I have had zero problems with my 45 hotside. Getting 152hp with basic setup.

Cheers
1989 NA Blue JRSC.

Furai

Post by Furai » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Just out of curiosity what RX3 did you have?

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Furai wrote:Just out of curiosity what RX3 did you have?
A 1974 Mazda RX3 12A Coupe which I developed and raced in the South Island Production Series for a couple of seasons, then 'added lightness' etc etc etc etc etc etc and ran in as a club saloon for a couple of yrs. Sold it as a rolling shell to a guy who put a Rover V8 into it.
Interestingly when I ran the RX3 in production trim (modded carb, LSD, uprated shocks and wheels, partly gutted interior), it was 4 seconds slower than my MX5 is now (naturally aspirated, never had the head off and road registered), which in turn is quicker than an Charger E49 was in 'Production' trim back then...when E49s had 310hp. The quickest production Torana XU1s where about 1-2 secs slower than where I am at now. Naturally the Toranas and Chargers would have blown my MX5 doors off on the straights...but its all about lap times at the end of the day. One of the reasons why I am enjoying my racing still (at an age where I should know better!!) Ian

Euen

Post by Euen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Ian wrote: One of the reasons why I am enjoying my racing still (at an age where I should know better!!) Ian
To quote the motto of the ulyses motorcycle guys, "growing old disgracefully" :twisted:

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Euen wrote:
Ian wrote: One of the reasons why I am enjoying my racing still (at an age where I should know better!!) Ian
To quote the motto of the ulyses motorcycle guys, "growing old disgracefully" :twisted:
Euen...less of the 'old' please!!!
Though a fellow competitor in my races at Teretonga was one of Bruce McLarens original mechanics...now having lots of fun in a 'Star car' which is unfortunately about 3 secs a lap quicker than me....but 'I have a cunning plan...' as Baldrick used to say!

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”