Dr Dons Technical Day

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Gordon Tucker
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Dr Dons Technical Day

Post by Gordon Tucker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:42 am

On Saturday, the club had a technical day at Wintec Hamilton. Along with general maintenance, we also got to put a large number of cars on the dyno, which was very interesting to see the difference between every car. I haven't got a list of other vehicles ratings, but hopefully others that ran their cars and read this can add theirs figures.
My 2005 NC recorded 128kw at the flywheel (111kw at wheels) and 222Nm torque at the flywheel :D . Although very happy with those figures, I am contemplating making up my own cold air intake which seems fairly easy to do after reading the U.S Miata forum.
2006 NC RS, Winning Blue. Lowered 30mm with King springs, aftermarket rear muffler and single exhaust, Toyo C1S 215/45x17 tyres

MX5PWR
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Dr Dons Technical Day

Post by MX5PWR » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:46 am

Hi Gordon, good to hear it was a great day, how about a write up for topDown with phots !!!!!

Cheers Nigel

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:05 pm

With winter coming up i dont think Trish would like it if you removed one of your spouting downpipes to make a cold air intake! :P
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Gordon Tucker
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Gordon Tucker » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:50 am

Ok Nige. I guess I can do that. I will have to find someone that took Photos. :roll:
Glen, our downpipe is the wrong shape, watch out for yours next time i'm in your area :wink:
2006 NC RS, Winning Blue. Lowered 30mm with King springs, aftermarket rear muffler and single exhaust, Toyo C1S 215/45x17 tyres

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”