E-manage, Bipes, or Turbolink?

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

jojonz
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

E-manage, Bipes, or Turbolink?

Post by jojonz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:40 pm

New poster here.
About to join the FI ranks, but am wondering about which of the above to use?
1992 1.6

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:06 pm

the bipes cant do fuel..its only a timing retard device(and a very crued one at that)...

What setup do you have??

How d.i.y minded are you at electrics??

what sort of budget do you have in mind?
There are 3 basic steps to turbo fuelling....
1)A) Adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a bipes unit will get you 7psi and about 160-180RWHP.
1B) a turbo link that controls an extra injector will give you about the same as 1A.

2) An emanage blue and mazda gtx 330cc injectors will get you up to 9-10 psi and about 180+Rwhp.The big advantage of this setup is fine tuning fuel and ignition.adding more injectors give you "limitless" HP potential.Can be run as an extra injector conroller as in 1B also.Much more complex to setup... knowledge of wiring and Fuel+timing mapping an advantage.

3)A plug in link ecu unit with the flyin miata software will give you all the control you could want but you pay for it! (nearly twice the cost of the Emanage) The same tuning knowledge is helpful as with the emanage..
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

jojonz

Post by jojonz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:18 pm

I have just bought the basic Greddy kit for starters, as I have limited knowledge of turbocharging.
I guess reliability is the first goal then upgradability if the hp bug bites!
As for d.i.y skills, I can use a multi-meter pretty well!!
There is a lot of online info on the E-manage which makes it good for a home mechanic like me, but is it overkill if I am unlikely to push beyond 7psi, and will it be the right step towards my goal of upmost reliability.
Thanks.

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:27 pm

did you get the kit from the states with the fuel pressure regulator?? if so then getting a bipes may be the way to go if you only plan on staying at 7-8 psi.
If you install the kit with an intercooler and good 2.5" dump pipe off the turbo then you may not even need a bipes unit if you run 98 octane.My setup is effectively running stock timing (10*BTDC)with 98 with no probs,

The problem is that an emanage setup and 330cc injectors will end up the same cost as a pressure regulator/bipes/high pressure fuelpump. Just depends on what you want to use i guess....

Heres a good site if you havent found it already...
http://www.miataturbo.net/forums/
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

jojonz

Post by jojonz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Yes it does come with the FP regulator, and I will probably want to fit an IC straight away.
Who does Emanage tuning in Auckland?

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”