Does anyone have the HKS turbo set-up?

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by poison » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi

Is there anyone out there with a HKS turbo kit on their car? I can't find out much about them, especially about the Fcon Mini (and no! I'm not going to change the ECU to something else, so please don't suggest it :lol:)

I'm very happy how it runs I just would like to know more about them.

Cheers

Gazza
:twisted:
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

Miatamad

Post by Miatamad » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:55 pm

Gazza,

Have had a look to see what I can find - but all the info is on .jp sites. You mat have to do some googling and translating of pages.

Other than that I have heard that they blow up at anything over 3000 RPM - so please remember that while you try to overtake me on the m/way.

Chris

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:21 pm

theres an aussie company that does lots of hks kits for mx5's whose name escapes me for the minute...... they had that 10AE all kitted out with one. maybe try the aussie mx5 forum here as theres lots of ECU gurus over there.....

http://www.aus-cartalk.com/viewforum.ph ... e9c7c58fb6
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

poison

Post by poison » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:33 pm

Miatamad wrote:Gazza,

Other than that I have heard that they blow up at anything over 3000 RPM - so please remember that while you try to overtake me on the m/way.

Chris
Overtake me???? I don't understand how you got in fromt in the first place :lol:

If you find anything that looks interesting I may be able to get it translated as my flatty is Japanese but none technical and poor English, be good practice anyway.

Thanks Glenn I'll have a wee look,

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Post by jif » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:05 pm

On 11/07/06, SLYDIT <horsepower@mx5forum.co.nz (horsepower@mx5forum.co.nz)> wrote:
theres an aussie company that does lots of hks kits for mx5's whose name escapes me for the minute...... they had that 10AE all kitted out with one. maybe try the aussie mx5 forum here as theres lots of ECU gurus over there.....

was it BD4's ?

[Posted via External Email]

SLYDIT

Post by SLYDIT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:22 pm

ahh yes thats them BD4's.....
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Gazza... MX5PARTS.CO.UK sell the HKS kit with F-con mini...it is listed in their current catalogue and they are pretty efficient with email enquiries, if that helps at all?

Ian
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

poison

Post by poison » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:33 pm

Thanks I emailed them with an initail enquiry and they got straight back to me, but further questions got no reply. Same for a guy on the Aussie forum.

Cheers

Gazza

Miatamad

Post by Miatamad » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 pm

Gazza,

Just looking on trademe (as one does) and there is a person with the same setup as you (sweetlil).

She is looking for a new FCon as hers fried (note to self - go home and check grounding on my Link)

Anyway - here is a link - you may be able to get hold of her via an auction and grab a copy of the manual from her.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=62594309

Chris[/quote]

poison

Post by poison » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:09 pm

Thanks, it's a small world, I rang them up, they run a car rental and dealership up north. Anyway it turns out to be the same car I saw on a trailer coming up from Hamilton the other weekend. It's black and had HKS on the side. I'll find out how much it's going for, maybe good for someone who wants to upgrade to a link or something. As far as the Fcon they don't know much either.

Mind you if a car doesn't run at an auction in Japan it only gets a grade 1 or 2 (out of 5) so would have sold really cheap, so maybe they just buy the cheap rough cars to import and do them up here, I do recall commenting it looked a bit rough, but it was hard to see much as it was on a trailer. And perhaps it would still start and run a little as the Fcon is a piggy back ECU.

Gazza

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”