ECU

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Toolbox
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

ECU

Post by Toolbox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 pm

I see the price has gone up on Trademe for a Megasquirt ECU from $650.00 to $700.00 don't know why as the New Zealand dollar has gone up against the US which should make it cheaper and on the US sites it hasn't gone up. Mybe someone is not making a big enought profit
I didn't make a mistake. I gave you a observation test and you JUST passed.

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:27 pm

I would assume its all profit based pricing.

HK_Fooey
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by HK_Fooey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Just call him and ask why it's gone up?

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Jesus Christ. Are people not allowed to run a business anymore?
Toolbox wrote:YOU ARE ONE VERY SICK PUPPY that likes to hide behind a computer. GOODBYE

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Bwarp wrote:Jesus Christ. Are people not allowed to run a business anymore?
apparently not!.

one of my customers rang up at 2pm on friday wanting a job to be started at 430pm. i told him no can do... but he moaned his ass off wanting it done before tuesday.....so i said id ask one of the boys if they would come in on the weekend and do it out of the goodness of thier heart as they werent even on call.
THEN the customer started moaning about not wanting to pay the overtime rate! WTF!!!!!!

rant over.
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Toolbox
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Toolbox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:47 pm

SLYDIT wrote:
Bwarp wrote:Jesus Christ. Are people not allowed to run a business anymore?
apparently not!.

one of my customers rang up at 2pm on friday wanting a job to be started at 430pm. i told him no can do... but he moaned his ass off wanting it done before tuesday.....so i said id ask one of the boys if they would come in on the weekend and do it out of the goodness of thier heart as they werent even on call.
THEN the customer started moaning about not wanting to pay the overtime rate! WTF!!!!!!

rant over.
I see both of you have missed the point, its got nothing to do with some customer ringing up at 2pm on Friday or anything like it, the point is that the NZ dollar has gone up against US dollar which should make it cheaper specially when the product hasn't gone up in the US.

Furai

Post by Furai » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Just remember guys, the exchange rate is not the only factor and stock is not paid/ordered everyday.

It could have been paid a month ago.

In saying that $50 isnt a huge amount and maybe asking for a better price doesnt hurt.

brownie
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by brownie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Just remember,everytime you relist on Trade Me it costs,I couldn't see them selling one every week,maybe once in a couple of months,and then trade me will take 9% of the sale price.

Making a profit is not bad,its how our employers pay us,so we can buy shiny new toys and stuff

Toolbox
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Toolbox » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 am

[quote="brownie"]Just remember,everytime you relist on Trade Me it costs,I couldn't see them selling one every week,maybe once in a couple of months,and then trade me will take 9% of the sale price.

Making a profit is not bad,its how our employers pay us,so we can buy shiny new toys and stuff

So what you are telling me is that you lot don't mind paying the extra so you buy shiny new toys and stuff.
Their must be alot of you out their who aren't happy with your jobs then, because you keep buying parts from the States and don't tell me it is because you cann't get the parts here because their are firms out their that can get them for you too you know. ( BUT WLL BE DEARER YOU KNOW AS THEY ARE MAKING A PROFIT) which is good of cause so their wokers will be able to buy shiny new toys too

tomtikki
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by tomtikki » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 am

Dude I get what your saying but $50 bucks isn't a huge jump and we have no idea his reasons for putting up the price, people's situations change all the time.

Having bought a couple of things off that particular trader (teamjelly) I will back him up on his above and beyond customer service, he has personally spent time working on my car & wouldn't even take beer as payment! Not to mention emails back and forth which he can't exactly charge for.
Plus he also charged me less than his trademe listing price for an item.

Don't get me wrong I buy a fair bit online rather than from NZ as it is cheaper but you always weigh it up. Time it takes to get it, confidence in the person you are buying from and after sales service.
I wasn't confident enough in my abilities if it all went tits up to buy a megasquirt from the states, best of luck to ya if you are though.
Last edited by tomtikki on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Kieran
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Kieran » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am

I have no problem with the price going up
my only problem is that he sells megasquirts oldest technology
its a MS1 they are up to MS3 Pro
and they don't even sell the PCB he's using anymore its so old
its a 12x12 fuel and ignition table!
I am happy to pay more I just want modern technology

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Toolbox wrote:
So what you are telling me is that you lot don't mind paying the extra so you buy shiny new toys and stuff.
Their must be alot of you out their who aren't happy with your jobs then, because you keep buying parts from the States and don't tell me it is because you cann't get the parts here because their are firms out their that can get them for you too you know. ( BUT WLL BE DEARER YOU KNOW AS THEY ARE MAKING A PROFIT) which is good of cause so their wokers will be able to buy shiny new toys too
People are always going to look for the best price, a lot of the time that's found overseas, which has nothing to do with trademe guy putting his price up by $50...

Sounds like you need to take a chill pill and stop acting like the world owes you something, let alone an explanation from a guy who's just trying to run a business to feed this kids!

Shit son, do you rage on a forum everytime BP puts the price of fuel up?

Don't like it? Don't shop there!
Toolbox wrote:YOU ARE ONE VERY SICK PUPPY that likes to hide behind a computer. GOODBYE

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Just got back from Asia and damn food here is expensive! On the plus side I no longer have the mad shits :lol: guess that's what I get for eating dinner for under1.50

Toolbox
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Toolbox » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 pm

quote="Bwarp"

Their must be alot of you out their who aren't happy with your jobs then, because you keep buying parts from the States and don't tell me it is because you cann't get the parts here because their are firms out their that can get them for you too you know. ( BUT WLL BE DEARER YOU KNOW AS THEY ARE MAKING A PROFIT) which is good of cause so their wokers will be able to buy shiny new toys too[/quote]

People are always going to look for the best price, a lot of the time that's found overseas, which has nothing to do with trademe guy putting his price up by $50...

Sounds like you need to take a chill pill and stop acting like the world owes you something, let alone an explanation from a guy who's just trying to run a business to feed this kids!

I will take your advise and wont shop there and buy a later technology one for only $431.00 NZ$ landed in New Zealand, sorry but someone wont be able to buy their new shiny toys. And some how I dont think you are my Father and if you are please someone shot me.

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 am

Toolbox wrote:
Bwarp wrote:
Tooldouche wrote:

I will take your advise and wont shop there and buy a later technology one for only $431.00 NZ$ landed in New Zealand, sorry but someone wont be able to buy their new shiny toys. And some how I dont think you are my Father and if you are please someone shot me.
Three things:

1) learn to forum. Your quoting is atrocious and detracts from the discussion.
2) you posted on a forum looking for a response, and you got one... I'm not sure what you were expecting to receive after posting your initial crywank. Grow up.
3) someone overseas is still going to be able to buy new toys, as they're still making a profit on the shit you just bought. You obviously have no understanding of how a business works.

I'm glad im not your Father so nobody has to 'shot' you.... Wtf bro?

Kieran

Post by Kieran » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:09 am

Bwarp just interneted you :lol:

Born_disturbed
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Born_disturbed » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:22 am

This is getting out of hand guys, if you want a topic about profit margins and exchange rates take it to off topic. Cheers.

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”