Flying Miata Happy Meal Stage 1 Review

Discussions relating to Turbochargers, Superchargers, Induction, Engine Mods, Exhaust Mods, and other items specifically to make your MX5 or Roadster put out more power.

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, Born_disturbed

Mad Kiwi
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Flying Miata Happy Meal Stage 1 Review

Post by Mad Kiwi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:39 pm

It's all good.

Is that a suitable review :)

To be honest it really is that simple, clutch feels pretty standard, take up from the intial bite is pretty quick and quite precise for a standard feeling pedal and generally pretty happy.

13 lbs flywheel has not affected driveability or idle as I feared it might, next time I would probably go for the lighter of the two.....Car definately revs out faster, well feels like it does. I wouldn't say the difference was huge but I "think" it is noticeable....

I would have prefered a slightly firmer pedal feel but if it was the choice between too firm and standard I would always side with standard.

BUT a bit firmer would have made it feel a bit sportier.....

Overall, pretty painless and judging by long term reviews it should last ages.....

Angreal
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by Angreal » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Sweet. I think my clutch is starting to slip after 160,000km, a lead foot and a fair amount of time on the track. Looks like the FM is a safe option :)

Mad Kiwi
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Mad Kiwi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 am

Oh, also, thanks to the guys at Autopal in Barrys Point Rd, did a great job at a great price as usual!

Anyone needs any MX5 work done, give Andrew a call.

Return to “MX5 Power & Power Mods”