are you judgemental?

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

are you judgemental?

Post by MrGrey » Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I can't help myself, whenever I see another MX5 (especially mk1's) I can't help myself but go up and have a good look at it and judge it in comparison to my car :D

Originally it was motivated by wanting to see what mods they have done to give me ideas for my car, but as it seems that 99.9% of MX5 owners don't change anything from how it was when they bought it, my appraisal's have turned into a "hmmmm whats this one like? ... meh, mines way better"

I'm not a dick about it, but I just can't help myself.
does anyone else suffer from similar douchebaggery symptoms?

-=edit=-
ps .... it really makes me sad that only a small portion of the MX5 owner's scene choose to mod their cars, especially when I see what amazing jobs people on this forum and other mx5 owners forums have done to their rides.

REDBEN
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by REDBEN » Wed May 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Nope your not alone, I have a good look as well get to see what others have done to theirs. Maybe I just suffer from this same syndrome :lol:

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Wed May 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Your assuming that a car that looks standard is standard, judging a book by it's cover.

Most people don't give mine a second glance half the time, but it would be the furtherest thing that you can get from a standard MX5.

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 pm

you are dead right Donovan, but at the same time there are a few things you can look for that suggest power mods, eg turbo radiator or a hole in the wiper well for induction, but yes, I am judging mostly by the aesthetics.

maybe gauging/evaluating are better terms than judging...... judging sounds a tad... competitive.

ps ... I love your ride Donovan, my car is all about looks, like a prepubescent teenager while your car is what mine wants to be when it grows up. :twisted:

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Wed May 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks for that. I have gone out of my way to try and keep mine looking like stock, or not much to look at, but coming to the conclusion that at some stage is going to have to change, lack of rubber on the rear wheels is one big issue. I have had times where I have given it a boot full and the rear wheels have broken loose at a speed we shall just class as a tad faster than the open road limit :shock:

authentic
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by authentic » Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Try to keep it as sleeper as possible I reckon! You could change up the rims and still keep a low key look since rims are a super common modification anyway :)

SkilletKid

Post by SkilletKid » Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 am

I try not to be considering I haven't done much to mine =P. Only done an anti-roll bar change up at the front and most people don't notice that lol. However it is big, red and shiny looking if you care to ever kneel down and peek under my car.

Coilovers and control arm bushings are next, and those are hardly noticed too haha.
"Yes, you got that, 16 years of [MX5] ownership and you too can become the Obi-wan Kenobi of not giving a s**t." - Moti

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Thu May 02, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm usually conscious about the shit condition of my roof when another MX5 driver is looking at my car.

When I do see another MX5 thats modified I have a good look, there was a blue one with a hardtop and some O.Z rally style wheels I spotted the other day.

And I park next to MX5's I see in any carpark I'm parking in :D

Return to “Off Topic Chat”