Trademe shenanigans

Talk about stuff not related directly to MX5s. Feel free to discuss what you like, as long as you keep within the forum rules.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Growler, jif, r3spct

Quidam
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Trademe shenanigans

Post by Quidam » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 pm

So last week I made a couple of small purchases on trademe

1st was a cigarette lighter because my new Toyota Celica didn't have one. Not that I smoke but I just want to fill in the hole :)

I get an email telling me courier costs so I pay the full amount immediately, send them an email with shipping info and then wait...

Following week I get another email telling me again of courier costs, but this time the price is slightly less.

So I send them another email (to their other email address listed on trademe) fowarding my original email but again no response. So I then go to one of their other listings and use the "ask seller a question" to find out what the heck is going on, and leaving my phone-number for them to call me.

So to their credit they call, and say that for some reason they didn't get my emails, but yes they did receive my payment, and the lighter was put in the mail yesterday. So I ask them how they knew where to ship it to if they didn't get my emails.

A long moment of silence ensues, before they say "oh I think I must have got one of your emails"

I didn't even press them on the fact that the courier price changed..

2nd up I ordered some touch-up paint for my new toy and a week goes by without it showing up so I send a followup email to the vendor. So they send me a 1 line reply saying it was shipped post haste under xxx ticket number.

So I look it up on the web (because I guess they were too lazy to) and it was shipped and signed for by a person I've never heard of. My bet is they gave me the wrong ticket number for someone elses consignment, so I've sent them another reply and I guess I'll just wait and see what they have to say.

These are small cost items but talk about painful :evil:

dynofiend
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by dynofiend » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Leave bad/neutral feedback to warn others if they arent up to scratch. E Karma :D

Quidam
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Quidam » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Looks like the paint is completely AWOL, I'm out of luck on that one. To be honest, it's not really that it went missing, it's that the vendor clearly could care less. I've bought from them before, so it's disappointing.

The dude who sold the ligher has turned out to be OK -I think he just has too many items for sale and is simply loosing track.

It's the nature of the beast really :roll:

Return to “Off Topic Chat”