Sneaky leak

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Sneaky leak

Post by Skilfil » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:50 pm

My MX5 doesn't so much as leak, but store water for the unsuspecting crotch area (nothing better than getting out of a car with the wet splash in that area)

It only happens in heavy rain, and only when the car moves/brakes to get the water to move. Almost like something is overflowing and leaks out when provoked. Possible I have something blocked? Also in really extra heavy rain is when it seems to just overflow and leak onto the seats, seems to be around the middle join where the sunroof folds.

Sorry if I haven't made much sense.

WideOpenThrottle
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by WideOpenThrottle » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 am

Sounds like your sills are blocked & possibly your drain tubes behind the seats are as well.The window may need some adjustment when up as this can cause dripping onto the seat even when closed...plus having no rain rail means the rain always runs off the roof & onto the seat when you open the door!
1989 NA 1650
1998 NB 1800
2005 NC 2000
1990 Landcruiser
Surfboard
Push-bike
Hiking shoes

lukebroomhead
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by lukebroomhead » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:47 pm

My 89 is the same!! The water seems to be coming from the slit in the roof. I'm not sure what to do with it? Have you fixed your leak??

Return to “MX5 Discussion”