j-limited?

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Renesis
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

j-limited?

Post by Renesis » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:46 am

already a time ago I bought, this eunos Roadster. The seller wanted me to believe it was an J-limited (only 800 were built?) I'm not quite sure.

Anyone who could help me. The car's vin is Na6ce 157274, and to me he has the interior of a V-special. first registration 11/91.

further. I seem not to have interior lights. When I put on my lamps, I have nothing of light inside.. What may be the cause?

thanks
Attachments
IMG_5310.jpg
IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5301.jpg

LilRay.Sun
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by LilRay.Sun » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Renesis,

The J-Limited yellow colour is correct, but you are right about the V-Limited interior, maybe it was specified by the original buyer?

It maybe that the car was originally green, so perhaps if you look in the engine bay or inside the boot you may find green paint.

Have a look on the inside of the drivers doorjamb and you should find a white plate with the VIN number etc. This will have the model type written on it eg. J-Limited.

As for your interior lights, check your fuses, particularly if there is anything else that doesn't work. Try pulling each fuse one at a time and have a look.

Cheers,
LilRay

Dez
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by Dez » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:50 pm

First check the VIN plate under the bonnet for the paint colour code which should be HZ. Anything else will define it as a repaint. The interior should be standard black like most models. Your Tan could've been retro-fitted like our north american friends seem keen on doing.
your interior light problem could be also loose contacts in the sliding switch of the light fittings themselves as we discovered on our Mariner blue.
I notice your guage faces in the instrument cluster are not standard for this model too. A further indicator of a repaint??
My information for the number of yellow 5's produced for the '92 model year was 1500. 800 were produced for the '94 model year and differed with a black winscreen surround.
Hope this helps

Return to “MX5 Discussion”