What Colour?

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

skams
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

What Colour?

Post by skams » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:23 pm

On more than one occasion now my friend from in town has called in to leave his hard top here (needed assistance to take it off) on his way to environs affar :oops: . Whilst here I have taken the opportunity to take some candid photos (take a look at my garage profile). Now we could all add some confusion to the community and play musical hard tops?????? As a kid I used to enjoy stories of Noddy and Big Ears but of course its not P.C. anymore because they are suggestive of **** and reference to Golly **** is considered racist. :cry: . I leave the combinations to you imaginations
Cheers Simon
skams

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:53 pm

have a look on my car domain site in my sig..on page one i think theres a pic of my red car with its white hard top..i was ging to paint it in our workshop at work (duh)but i quit and changed jobs! oh well have to wait a bit longer to be colour coded! :D

WHOOPS SORRY! HARD TOP PICS HAVE DISSAPPEARED FROM CARDOMAIN SITE :(
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Bazza
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Bazza » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 am

As the owner of a "high gloss" black top, I have to say that the yellow top should stay either in the garage, or on the yellow car. It looks bad enough on the blue one, but on the red.......yech !! I can think of several expressions to describe it, but better not.....moderators and all that :roll: :roll:

Now someone will point out that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
1990 Roadster 1.6L

skams
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Re: What Colour?

Post by skams » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Bazza wrote:As the owner of a "high gloss" black top, I have to say that the yellow top should stay either in the garage, or on the yellow car. It looks bad enough on the blue one, but on the red.......yech !! I can think of several expressions to describe it, but better not.....moderators and all that :roll: :roll:

Now someone will point out that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
Cheers Thanks for that Bazza, Im Sure that you have an ally in that with the owner who for some strange reason harbours the same opinion, Oh well never mind :lol: .
On a better note, it was time for our monthly jaunt today which was supposed to be a picnic lunch at Pelorous Bridge. In the end only 2 cars participated, the third car had to pull out due to a misunderstanding about petrol but as they were on the way the invited us up for a cuppa and a chat and of course to show off their 5 which they brought all the way from England when emigrating last year, a very fine 2005 midnight blue NB.5 (rare in this country) 1600 with a cloth soft top. And yes Im told it does have a low fuel light which is in fine working order. :oops: . Sorry to spill the beans but welcome to our newest members of the marlborough group and thanks for the cuppa, you missed a fine array of Venison, wild Pork, chicken & steak pies, Oh and the custard squares. Unfortunately, because of the bucketing rain we did have to travel incognito (tops up) and the picnic was inside the camp cafe. :roll:

Cheers, Simon
skams

Return to “MX5 Discussion”