Windscreen Replacement

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Windscreen Replacement

Post by MrGrey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:22 am

I was following a logging truck home from work the other night and had the misfortune of something getting flicked into the bottom part of the windscreen just above the wipers. Although it was not visible in the dark of night, upon inspection this morning I was disappointed to see that the impact has caused a horizontal crack in the windscreen roughly 500mm long.... bugger.

Sadly I don't have windscreen replacement insurance so I need to get it fixed myself. Can anyone recommend me a window replacement company or are they all pretty much the same? and would anyone have a ballpark figure of how much I would be expected to pay to have it replaced?

thanks in advance

Snapfrozen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Snapfrozen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:50 am

Go for one of the larger companies as they have better buying power and if they break it or similar going in you're less likely to have problems. Make sure the car is under cover so if you discover any rust etc and decide to hold off you don't have to cover it.

I've used novus for my civic and it came to 600. I've seen everyday cars cost over 1k and weird stuff cost 300 all because of stock levels.

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:17 am

I had a crack repaired and it failed again later on. Get a secondhand screen perhaps. PM Dylan and see if he has one. He parting out....

siren676
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by siren676 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Im in this situation too, am about to buy a shell off Dylan that needs a new screen.
Have ended up getting a screen off another mx5 being wrecked so will hopefully only have to pay for 2x removals and 1 install.
Attachments
11657354_914584761934793_503463373_n.jpg
1990 NA6C MX5

Return to “MX5 Discussion”