Red Rally 8 June 2014

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

GRUVBB
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by GRUVBB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:52 am

MrGrey wrote:could someone please take some pics so I can see what I am missing out on?

thank you in advance and have an awesome day chaps!
Sure thing MrGrey. I'll take the IPad and throw up some live images...... Looks like its going to be a Mega Roof Off Day..... Awesome effort Fooesboy. Those Waikato members know how to get involved in the action so come on you Aucklanders; how about turning up so that we are not a minority in our own territory. :idea:

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:12 pm

I now have a spare seat as my Daughter cant make it. Give me a call if you want to ride in a 5....021450711. Sorry abput late posting but only just found out.

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:27 pm

I highly recommend someone take up this offer, Tim is a bloody good bloke to hang out with and you will have a really good day :)

Have fun everyone and .....

HEY AUCKLANDERS! GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND GO OUT AND SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE DAMMIT!

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:42 pm

People starting to arrive.... Get your arses down here!!!!
Attachments
image.jpg

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:21 pm

We are off....
Attachments
image.jpg

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Argh wanted to come along but my friends boofy Hilux shat itself on SH16, didn't get home until 1.30. Fuckin' Toyotas.

fooesboy
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by fooesboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:23 pm

Just back tin Te Aroha now.

WHAT A GREAT RUN!!!!

One of the best I have been on, extremely well organised, good weather and a great turnout.
1st place was won by a Mini, 2nd by a MG and 3rd by a VW.... WTF this was suppose to be a MX5 event right??? :oops:

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:54 pm

FOOESBOY has summed up the day already. A Great Run. We drove around Ak answering questions and picking up things to qualify for points. Even had a crazed woman come running out abusing the cars for driving around her neighbourhood at speeds that she thpught were too excessive..... I missed her. I guess I was going too fast and that may have prompted her to come out. :lol:
My daughter had to pull out at last minute so I had to navigate, drive, locate and answer the questions and write them down all at the same time. Alas I was unable to capture photos of cars going in all sorts of directions. The majority of attendees had their roofs off though as the weather was favourable.
Mx5 Forum attendees were Ken I MEDIC, Mr and Mrs FOOESBOY and myself GRUVBB. WARRIOR fronted for the initial get together but had to go to his Mums Birthday. I even roped in a random MX5 that I met at the local gas station yesterday when prepping the car for last night and todays run. His name is Gary and he recognised my car from the Hamilton run a few months back.
Big thanks to those that fronted. I know that you probably dont need thanking as you have a great time turning up to events but you definitely deserve the recognition. We got a certificate as well as a goody bag. They had raffles and auctions and raised a total of $1810 from the day.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

SkilletKid
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by SkilletKid » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Nice! Gutted I missed it.
"Yes, you got that, 16 years of [MX5] ownership and you too can become the Obi-wan Kenobi of not giving a s**t." - Moti

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:46 pm

I turned up, about 5 mins before it started, and then saw that I had a failed power steering hose that was hemorrhaging fluid all over the show, so unfortunately had to miss out, and head back home.

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Donovan wrote:I turned up, about 5 mins before it started, and then saw that I had a failed power steering hose that was hemorrhaging fluid all over the show, so unfortunately had to miss out, and head back home.
Sorry I missed meeting you at 2 Low2C other night. I was at his wkshop when you rang on sunday...... Was that you that arrived in the red car with the modified bonnet??? That car did not sound STOCK! :wink:
Hope you got the issue sorted for the upcoming events.

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Donovan wrote:I turned up, about 5 mins before it started, and then saw that I had a failed power steering hose that was hemorrhaging fluid all over the show, so unfortunately had to miss out, and head back home.
Sorry I missed meeting you at 2 Low2C other night. I was at his wkshop when you rang on sunday...... Was that you that arrived at the rally in the red car with the modified bonnet??? That car did not sound STOCK! :wink:
Hope you got the issue sorted for the upcoming events.

Donovan
I only think 5.
I only think 5.

Post by Donovan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Yes, that was me, was there at Paul's at Sat night as well, with the tunes blasting out of your car, didn't have the MX5 that night.

Thought I had done enough to fix up the leak on Sunday am to get thru the red rally, but by time I got there, the fluid was down low, most of it all over the steering rack and on the ground, and the pump was making a whinning noise louder than the engine, so thought it was better to pull out than make things even worse than what they were.

Pity, cause it looked like a fun little event, hopefully next time.

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 pm

We were deliberating over what the noise was coming from your car as it rounded past us. Warrior picked it as a V8. I think I was hearing the steering pump as you past where I was standing. It did not sound normal. Better for you to err on the side of caution rather than drive on ....further away from home and the tools!
Paul told me on sunday that you were there on saturday but I had to split early so did not do the full rounds of all attendees and meet the ones I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting. Next time. :idea:

Return to “MX5 Discussion”