Trying to contact admin

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

Mazda-mender
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Trying to contact admin

Post by Mazda-mender » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:07 am

Hi chaps
Can someone from admin please get in touch please as my post will not go through and i cannot find a way to contact you,
Regards
Mazda-mender from the UK

WideOpenThrottle
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by WideOpenThrottle » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:25 am

It happens to all newcomers....give it a few days then it seems to come right
1989 NA 1650
1998 NB 1800
2005 NC 2000
1990 Landcruiser
Surfboard
Push-bike
Hiking shoes

Mazda-mender

Post by Mazda-mender » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:53 am

The post is very important and i really need to get this up fast for help for a fellow owner buddy
Thanks for replying
M-m

jif
Why yes, actually I do run this site.

Post by jif » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:27 am

PM zorruno , or myself (tho I have less admin-fu) - maybe I could post it for you ?

Mazda-mender

Post by Mazda-mender » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:54 am

Great stuff pm on it's way ,nothing underhanded just need help for a fellow owner and you lads are on the right side of the world to help than me buddy.
M-m
Mk 1 1993 black V.S II 1.8 fettled
Mk 2 & a 1/4 1999 black & gold V.S 1.8 fettled
Mk 2 1999 white V.S 1.8, being fettled

jif

help with importing a UK MX5

Post by jif » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:09 am

can anyone assist ?

[fwd'd message]
----
My name is Mazda-mender from the UK.....
http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/

I have a fellow owner that has left our shores for your green land that is having a little trouble getting his little gem through your tough regs, i am too far to help in the hands on department also for local suppliers for parts at real prices not rip off prices, i do not have the full story as yet but so far she needs a rear caliper as the one on has frozen on, on the handbrake arm, and with the regs he needs to change it rather than unstick and get it working again, also there is an issue with the undersealing which will need to be all removed and redone again, so he will need recommendations of local trust worthy honest Roadster friendly garages to help with the work that are not ready to sting with daft prices.
I am unsure of the area he is in as yet? but here is his link on the menders tech forum......

http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewt ... =54&t=2897

If there is some hope on here of getting our fellow owner some help i will get Jimmy to join up as i like the look of this forum, she looks based around being an online garage/workshop with straight no nonsense answers, just like our own, by all means do a search on the name mazda-mender,mazda mender,mazdamender, I am NOT here to advertise anything but get my fellow owner and friend some help to get him enjoying his pride and joy once again over there as he is at his wits end and is talking about scrapping her and have done, which is a big no no in my book.

I am just at a lose end that i cannot help him when needed.

Regards
M-m
P.S
My Mx/Roadsters to have a nosey at chaps

http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewt ... ?f=35&t=29

mazline
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by mazline » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:12 pm

knowing the spec's on what model it is will help.
Compliance is fairly tuff here,We have alot of JDM stuff here that has had dicky repairs and rust,most of those ones end up being dismantled due to cost of sorting the problem,I have seen a few NB's being bought over from the UK that ARE rusty,
Keep in mind WE DO NOT SALT OUR ROADS,So rust here is a concern.

Rear calipers are common,We sell reconed one's ourselfs thru work.

Another thing that will help is knowing where the car is. Auckland,Christchurch ??,two island here remember,No point in recommending anyone in Auckland to sort it ,if the car is in Christchurch.

The more details we have the easier it is to help.
Cheers
Here to help with any needs for your beloved MX5/Roadster.

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:27 pm

so the car is in the south island???
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Mazda-mender

Post by Mazda-mender » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:13 pm

He is in.....
Christchurch Sumner Canterbury area on the South Island

Undersealing will need to be redone has it looks like it has just been sprayed over surface rust and the OE factory seal without checking and no prep, but she is far from being a bag of rust just yet, the rest of the damage has happened getting her over and there.
My concern is that he does not get ripped off as there are plenty out there that will rub there hands over a bill, olus i do not want a cheap china copy caliper sold to him instead of a good honest refurb unit. to be far the old unit will free up very easy, but i don't know your regs in all this with the do's and don'ts.
I also must understand that there is a big time difference between yourselfs and here :wink:
At the minute i am in the middle trying to get him some help, Jimmy as posted/updated with some pic's on the menders thread if anyone fancies a look .
I will get has much info for you has i can, like i say i am stuck here to help him in the way he needs, ny hands are tied, so i am trying to get him some good honest help and someone to trust to ease the pain, plus it is not the best time of year for all this to deal with anyway, and also with just moving there this is the last thing he needs.
@ Mazline
Yeah the MK2/2.5 melt in our great weather as you look at them and turn into the flakey brown stuff, the stuff that we need to throw at them to keep them alive is unreal as they are made from cheese anyway, but salt does not help us, it is a big battle buddy, as i own to Mk 2's myself, but my MK 1's stand the test of time far better in all ares.
Let me know what you need to help him out, but i can only get the info when you lads are up and we are in the land of nod.
Thanks so far for the replies
M-m

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:23 am

I can vouch for Mark at Mazline. Picked up a few things off him while I was working down in Christchurch that I shoved in suitcases to bring back to Auckland :-D

Snapfrozen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Snapfrozen » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Here's my opinion.

I've put a car through compliance and I can assure you if it isn't spotless it will fail. Is there anything special about this specific car?

The caliper is easy, as mentioned mazline is good. If there's nothing special about it here's my opinion

Scrap the car now and buy a one here. The amount of time and work involved redoing the underseal, spending the money on compliance then rego is half the price of another mx5 at best

GRUVBB

Post by GRUVBB » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:03 am

Snapfrozen wrote:Here's my opinion.

I've put a car through compliance and I can assure you if it isn't spotless it will fail. Is there anything special about this specific car?

The caliper is easy, as mentioned mazline is good. If there's nothing special about it here's my opinion

Scrap the car now and buy a one here. The amount of time and work involved redoing the underseal, spending the money on compliance then rego is half the price of another mx5 at best
These are pretty wise words. The pound will go a bit further here. There is plenty of good cars available. They can be researched from anywhere in the world prior to arrival. And you don't have to work on cleaning up shit. You can spend that time driving our lovely winding roads.

Mazda-mender

Post by Mazda-mender » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 am

I hear you guys, but with being hands on this end with these babies what needs doing is not that big of a deal, including what has happened during the shipping and she is to good to be scrapped, I have worked on her and not long since done a full service,water pump etc, although the undersealing was not down to me as i would of made a far better job of it, but what has happened as happened.
At the end of the day this is his pride and joy, and has gone through all the cost and trouble to get her over there with his move to your country and i am well jelious, but if it was me hitting your country all four of mine would be coming with me regardless of cost to be used on your roads.
But it is not my choice as she is not mine and not my budget and position, just trying to get him some help because i cannot do anything for him on the hands on side.
But thanks for the repies so far chaps.
There is a major community centred around these roadsters and their owners here in the UK, and if anyone hit these shores with theirs, they would not be far from any help they would need in which ever way whether it be hands on or meets/get togethers, so i am hoping i can get Jimmy into the right hands to feel part of it all still over there.
M-m

WideOpenThrottle

Post by WideOpenThrottle » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:50 am

My car needed to be re-complied and here is approx. what it cost 5ish years ago

Re-Vinning $480.00
Rust inspection $170.00 [would have been another $480.00 but I took it direct to the rust/structural inspector]
Front rotors & pads $90.00.
Plus had a recent quote from a crowd that could sand-blast and paint the underside of my parents Rav $950.00

So I'd say you need to budget at least $2000.00 to get it complied!?
1989 NA 1650
1998 NB 1800
2005 NC 2000
1990 Landcruiser
Surfboard
Push-bike
Hiking shoes

Mazda-mender

Post by Mazda-mender » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:55 am

Thank you buddy that might of some help to him :wink:
M-m

Snapfrozen

Post by Snapfrozen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:17 am

My civic was about 1300 when I recomplied it. They failed the rear brake pads for being 0.05MM too worn...car was immaculate. Just lots of little things needed to be done

Return to “MX5 Discussion”