General MX5 Chat

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

MrGrey
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by MrGrey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 pm

dylann wrote:3 bikes and a lawnmower.
Its a mini ute, honest
impressive, I would be too worried about scratches and chips to do that. :?
stupid question, but why are your headlamps raised?

loveitlow
Tentative sideways sliding....

Post by loveitlow » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 pm

chris wrote:Hahaha I'm keen whenever now that I think about it.. Just driving the car is a great feeling!!

Btw. Never ask if any MX5's are attending a "Love it Low Hard Park" meeting..
Chris what do you mean by never ask about attending this love it low hard park meeting?????

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 pm

chris wrote:
Bwarp wrote:What a time wasting arsehole you are. Its no different to you listing your car for 9k, Chris. He's just waiting for someone with daddys money to make an offer too....

Hypocrite.
Oosh, seems I may have hit a soft spot there ;)

Yeah but you see, I really couldn't care less as to what people say.. Maybe this is your motor as you have taken offence to it....
Not mine. I just don't take lightly to people who don't live by the shit they preach and pay other people out for doing exactly what they're doing.... Sure you don't care what people say, but wouldnt you rather not have trademe tards ruin an auction where you're legitimately trying to sell something?
Toolbox wrote:YOU ARE ONE VERY SICK PUPPY that likes to hide behind a computer. GOODBYE

chris

Post by chris » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 pm

loveitlow wrote:
chris wrote:Hahaha I'm keen whenever now that I think about it.. Just driving the car is a great feeling!!

Btw. Never ask if any MX5's are attending a "Love it Low Hard Park" meeting..
Chris what do you mean by never ask about attending this love it low hard park meeting?????
Oosh! Don't worry! This wasn't one of yours! It was a big as one, I got fucking flamed for admitting to owning a mx5.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6
3 X Mazda MX5 (1989, 1990, 1991)

siren676

Post by siren676 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Edit beaten to it
loveitlow wrote:Chris what do you mean by never ask about attending this love it low hard park meeting?????
As that post was made last june I don't think it was aimed at your project. There was probably a facebook event with that name.
1990 NA6C MX5

dylann
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by dylann » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 pm

MrGrey wrote:impressive, I would be too worried about scratches and chips to do that. :?
stupid question, but why are your headlamps raised?
haha cheers, fortunately my paint is already in below average condition so i don't have to worry about it tooooo much :p

its allgood, you cant really see but i have the center console tombstone out for wiring purposes and put them up incase i had to drive later on tonight :)

loveitlow

Post by loveitlow » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 pm

siren676 wrote:Edit beaten to it
loveitlow wrote:Chris what do you mean by never ask about attending this love it low hard park meeting?????
As that post was made last june I don't think it was aimed at your project. There was probably a facebook event with that name.
Just curious as I have had my blog for over a year and never run my own event so just curious if this is another dig at me and just someone using my name in another event

chris

Post by chris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 am

loveitlow wrote:
siren676 wrote:Edit beaten to it
Just curious as I have had my blog for over a year and never run my own event so just curious if this is another dig at me and just someone using my name in another event
If I'm going to make a dig at you I will at least use your name I mean comeone, if I'm going to troll at least have SOME respect for the person being trolled ;)

But nah it was some big ass lov it low hardpark.
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Toolbox
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Toolbox » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:09 am

Bwarp wrote:
chris wrote:
Bwarp wrote:What a time wasting arsehole you are. Its no different to you listing your car for 9k, Chris. He's just waiting for someone with daddys money to make an offer too....

Hypocrite.
Oosh, seems I may have hit a soft spot there ;)

Yeah but you see, I really couldn't care less as to what people say.. Maybe this is your motor as you have taken offence to it....
Not mine. I just don't take lightly to people who don't live by the shit they preach and pay other people out for doing exactly what they're doing.... Sure you don't care what people say, but wouldnt you rather not have trademe tards ruin an auction where you're legitimately trying to sell something?
This sort of flare up is usually a sign of stress and the person usually doesn't even know they are suffering from it. So don't take it to heart Chris.
I didn't make a mistake. I gave you a observation test and you JUST passed.

Bwarp
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Bwarp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 am

Toolbox wrote:
Bwarp wrote:
chris wrote: Oosh, seems I may have hit a soft spot there ;)

This sort of flare up is usually a sign of stress and the person usually doesn't even know they are suffering from it. So don't take it to heart Chris.
Bahahahah. Thanks for your concern. You're obviously still precious about me disagreeing with your rant about businesses trying to make a dollar. Good to see your English skills have come along nicely.
Toolbox wrote:YOU ARE ONE VERY SICK PUPPY that likes to hide behind a computer. GOODBYE

chris

Post by chris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:45 am

Toolbox wrote:
Bwarp wrote:
chris wrote: Oosh, seems I may have hit a soft spot there ;)

Haha no need to worry - I hardly ever stress about things. Especially whilst online. Just having some fun!
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Skilfil
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Skilfil » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

2low2c wrote:I know the guy selling the engine and if you can build an engine to the same spec for less than $8000 i would be surprised ,at 5000 kms it is bearly run in. his name is steve and is at milford electrcal .
I know that guy he worked on my VR6 and hated it :lol:

I had a look at that engine when it was in his car, its certainly nothing to scoff at..

13r

Post by 13r » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 am

Basic economics guys... It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

You couldn't build that engine for that price, not using the same quality of parts (As has been posted earlier)

But it's cars... You never get what you paid for it.

Would I pay 5g? Hell no, I'd hold out until it's around 3g.
Shit, for 5grand you could buy a complete turbo mx5... (Or a nice real car :P)

tomtikki
I have stars and not afraid to use them
I have stars and not afraid to use them

Post by tomtikki » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:36 am

Bwarp wrote:You're obviously still precious about me disagreeing with your rant about businesses trying to make a dollar. Good to see your English skills have come along nicely.
Ha! Your such a windup master Bwarp! You crack me up every time. :lol:
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Furai

Post by Furai » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 am

Leave this thread for a few hours and look whats happened.

Chris - Stop trolling people so much, and dont joke about ruining someone's auction who is trying to sell something. It will never be taken the right way.

Toolbox - Dont make bland assumptions about people to try wind them up. Makes you look like a jerk.

Bwarp - Only thing I could say is try to be a touch more suttle on your approach about an issue.

This forum is one of the most well behaved/not bitchy I have seen on the internet. Lets not ruin it now.

Growler
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)
Yes. I might just know (Trusted Advisor)

Post by Growler » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 am

chris wrote:101? O.o

That seems really high.

Bearing in mind that 20 years ago they had about 105 hp add 20 years wear and tear onto the parts...
OK...for some reason they want to be displayed upside down - even when I corrected it before I saved the file...strange.
This was done around 3 years ago on a hub dyno.

Flywheel Horsepower (116.6hp)
Rear Wheel Horsepower - 75.6kw (Equates to 101hp)

Furai

Post by Furai » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 am

That can be the difference between an SAE reading and not. Most americans show similar results. As to which is true only Mazda knows...

chris

Post by chris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

Furai wrote:That can be the difference between an SAE reading and not. Most americans show similar results. As to which is true only Mazda knows...
This.

No offence (And I really do mean no offence) in my opinion Dynos can show just about anything in regards to power figures.

But as long as your happy with the power that's all that matters :)
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Snapfrozen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Snapfrozen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Imo the only way to measure power is premod and postmod on the same dyno. People didn't believe the power figures my civic reached but I had before and afters and fuck was I impressed.

Also keep in mind hub dynos don't need to spin the wheels ;)

chris

Post by chris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Snapfrozen wrote:Imo the only way to measure power is premod and postmod on the same dyno. People didn't believe the power figures my civic reached but I had before and afters and fuck was I impressed.

Also keep in mind hub dynos don't need to spin the wheels ;)
That is a good way, use the same dyno before and after :)
1 X Primera
2 X Silvia
1 X BMW E30
1 X Audi A6

Furai

Post by Furai » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Got some new Watanabes

They are 14-6.5j +14.5 with 185/60/14 Yoko S-Drives, really good tyres.

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm

damn, makes me want to get my car lowered but then I would never get out of my driveway :(

Snapfrozen

Post by Snapfrozen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm

MrGrey wrote:damn, makes me want to get my car lowered but then I would never get out of my driveway :(
I put down planks to get out of mine. Let alone with the diffuser and splitter on... :lol:

Furai

Post by Furai » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 pm

Mines a good height I rarely scrape :wink:

Angreal

Post by Angreal » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Damn you Kieran.... Watanabe's have grown on me now :D

Return to “MX5 Discussion”