Injector sizes

Archives of Posts to the NZ MX5 List back in 2003
Mathew

Injector sizes

Post by Mathew » Tue May 06, 2003 10:17 am

Anyone know what size (cc) the injectors from a Familia GTX/GTR are, and whether they will drop into a 1600 mx5? Are there any other cheap options (ie. sourced from the wreckers) for injectors 370cc and bigger that will easily fit.

M@

jeff

Injector sizes

Post by jeff » Tue May 06, 2003 10:49 am

GTXs are 330s, not sure on the impedance. FC-RX7 (high-impedance) injectors are plug'n'play though - 460 and 550cc. Some Toyotas also use the high-impedance Nippondenso injectors - Celica and Supra turbos I think. Mitsubishi GSR/VR4/EVO injectors are meant to work too but they're low-impedance and need ballast resistors. Is this with the Link or stock ECU? cheers,Jeff

Mathew <mathew.avery@deepvideo.com> wrote:Anyone know what size (cc) the injectors from a Familia GTX/GTR are, and whether they will drop into a 1600 mx5? Are there any other cheap options (ie. sourced from the wreckers) for injectors 370cc and bigger that will easily fit.

M@
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

lou Girardin

Injector sizes

Post by lou Girardin » Tue May 06, 2003 1:23 pm

There are quite a few, Supra turbo and non-turbo for example. Go into
solomiata.com (from memory) lots of info there.

jeff

Injector sizes

Post by jeff » Tue May 06, 2003 1:58 pm

used injectors shouldn't be more than $100-250. Try hanging out on the local amazd/RX7/Toyota/NZPC forums for used stuff . Or ask around at the workshops which do this stuff, they tend to have drawers of them laying around. You could use something like an Apexi S-AFC to trim back the injector signal once you install the bigger injectors...? But then you'd need something else for ignition timing. S-ITC? ...Hmmm. If it were me I'd cheap out and buy a used one from Japan. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... 826-1.html The gadget factor of a Link is way higher though! ;) If you skipped the knock sensor, handcontroller I think the Link is ~$1500 inc. cheers,Jeff (Resident riceboy)

Return to “2003”