mongoose alarm

Discussions about MX5 Alarms, Car Stereos, Lighting, Batteries or other Electrical related issues

Moderators: Growler, jif, SLYDIT, brownie

soulfader
Tentative sideways sliding....

mongoose alarm

Post by soulfader » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:53 pm

have you had any problems with mongoose alarms?

the alarm tells me that its got open circuit.. meaning that bonnet, doors or boot may be opened but i'm sure that everything is fully closed

is it a common problem or is something faulty?

by the way, i have sparco steering wheel sitting at home from my previous car, would it bolt on to the mx5 hub or do i need to buy new hub to suit sparco steering wheels

will the mx5 hub fit any other momo steering wheels?

Hojo

Post by Hojo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:19 pm

check all of the sensors. With my alarm I didn't realise that I had snapped off the sensor on the drivers side.

sprsta
I have stars, you haven't. Deal with it
I have stars, you haven't.  Deal with it

Post by sprsta » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:18 pm

if you have a nadi wheel the boss may not fit, a momo should be the same just pull your wheel off and check the the pattern

to check your alarm take the sensors out from the door jam one at a time and set the alarm the door switches should go to ground when the doors/ bonnet is open with the switches removed they cant ground so you should find wich switch is faulty if not a switch there may be a loose conection at the alarm wiring under the dash would check the switches first though

zorruno
Black is the new black.
Black is the new black.

Re: mongoose alarm

Post by zorruno » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm

soulfader wrote:is it a common problem or is something faulty?
Hi soulfader, something will definitely be faulty. likely a cable come off or broken connection. The connection is grounded for a closed circuit - so the best way to test is to get to the alarm, and ground the sensor cable there. If the problem goes away it is definitely a sensor or cable fault.

Cheers
(z)

PS: ALL, please try and keep questions separated as different posts, it keeps the right information in the correct thread. Two questions? Two posts please. Also, I'll move this thread to the electrical forum.
I've added this request to the Posting Etiquette topic - I'd ask all members to please refresh their memories if they haven't for a while:

http://www.mx5forum.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=85

Return to “MX5 Electrical, Audio, Alarms & Electronics”