Enkei wheels

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

cfever
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Enkei wheels

Post by cfever » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi All!
Am considering new wheels and tyres for my black beauty (2002), and was keen to fit 17x7 Enkei wheels with Toyo T1Rs, and am looking for a suppliers for the Enkei wheels to see what styles (and weights) are currently available in NZ. Any opinions on this choice? Looking for a good sticky, quiet tyre to replace my Eagles.
Cheers
C FEVER

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:17 pm

NZ importers for Enkei are YHI. (www.yhi.co.nz)
Cheers
Euen
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:19 pm

THE RPF1 are a popular choice
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

cfever
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Enkei wheels

Post by cfever » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Oh Yeah !!!
Love the look of these – and the weight! Don at Autoway is fitting a new set of KYB shocks and King springs at the end of the month, so will wait until she’s dropped a bit to decide on 16’s or 17’s, and new shoes (T1-R’s). Having said that, I just spoke with a guy at Mag and Turbo, who reckons the main suppliers would have to import them as they do’nt hold 16 or 17x7s in stock. Might need to do some research here. But thanks for the heads up on the RPF1s

Andy (CFEVER)
C FEVER

poison

Enkei wheels

Post by poison » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 pm

I have 17x7’s on mine and to be honest the 15’s on my last one were so much nicer to drive, the 17’s make the steering really heavy (even with PS) and track a lot along all the bumps and ridges on our great roads, it just makes the driving hard work. And yes that’s with stock suspension. 17’s look great but for drivability I’m thinking of going back to 16’s. Zorruno has suggested a wheel alignment with more camber at the cost of tyre wear. But I’m not sure if it will make that much difference. Anyway that’s my 2c.
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

cfever
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Enkei wheels

Post by cfever » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Yes, thanks for your thoughts. I definitely like the look of 17s, but my other concern is the harder ride with a 45 profile tyre on King springs. I’m running 205/50 Eagles on factory 16” rims at present, and found the slightly higher profile a softer ride. I’m hoping this might work again if the uprated spring ride is too hard.
Speaking of which, does anybody have H&R or Eibach springs fitted. Somebody here told me they were ‘progressive’ springs and would give me a lower ride, but softer than Kings. Any thoughts here?
C FEVER

Habanero666
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Habanero666 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:45 pm

Hey there, Tein springs are super!

Lowered my mx down to 100mm on the button.

Thats the legal limit for a registered road car too!
Tires aren't cheap!

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”