bracing

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

bryan Sampson
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

bracing

Post by bryan Sampson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 pm

cheers thats the sort off info I was looking for.
Sambo.
----- Original Message -----
To: mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz (mx5talk@mx5forum.co.nz)
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:05 PM
Subject: [MX5] Re: bracing

Hi,

I installed the under car bracing front and rear on my 90 from Ross at MX5 Mart and noticed a good improvement.

After that was the front shock tower brace (STB) from an NB but only noticed a small difference.

It wasnt until I installed the Roll Bar that the car really stiffened up (bolted to 4 points welded). That was the most noticable change by far.

The STB has just been re-installed but did not notice much difference, just a little in the steering.

Regards,

Anthony

1990 • 1.6 Turbo • FM Link • 4.3 Torsen • KYB AGX's w/FCM Perches • Rollbar

[Posted via external email]

Ian
I count 5-s in my sleep
I count 5-s in my sleep

Post by Ian » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Hi Trevor...
The front underbody bace is a short tubular item with piched ends and is across the chassis in the vicinity of the gearbox. It is my understanding that all NA cars from the mid 1993 update onwards would have these as standard, altough I understand that some of the US market cars did not.
The RB alloy front brace you will find on their website, I think.
Moss Motors market a brace which is similar but also physically bolts to the bottom of the gearbox gearbox - have heard no feedback on this one.

Cheers, Ian
93 1.8,intake/ex mods,Megasqirt PNP,torsen ,konis,GC coilovers,Nitto-01,cage,sparco seat,Schroth harness.

Trevor
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Trevor » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:33 pm

Thanks Ian,

My car is ex japan so that it should have the front brace. I will take a look.

Take care, Trevor.
Ian wrote:Hi Trevor...
The front underbody bace is a short tubular item with piched ends and is across the chassis in the vicinity of the gearbox. It is my understanding that all NA cars from the mid 1993 update onwards would have these as standard, altough I understand that some of the US market cars did not.
The RB alloy front brace you will find on their website, I think.
Moss Motors market a brace which is similar but also physically bolts to the bottom of the gearbox gearbox - have heard no feedback on this one.

Cheers, Ian
:wink:
Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I was happy to warm my cold feet in a cow pat, but I detest bull$hit. LOL

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”