Eagle F1 tyre

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

petercristina
Tentative sideways sliding....

Bridgestone Adrenelin RE001 vs. Toyo T1R

Post by petercristina » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi all,
was just wondering if anyone has feedback on the Eagle F1 tire? My friend, an Alfa enthusiast swears by them.....
Cheers,
Peter
Peter Garrity
Wellington

badcf4

Re: Bridgestone Adrenelin RE001 vs. Toyo T1R

Post by badcf4 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:54 pm

in my experiance they are a great tyre , low noise and fantastic in the wet.

however tey have very "round" shoulders and dont agree too well with camber.

so you sacrifice tyre life in return for a great tyre.

another point of interest is that they have stopped making them in germany and now produce them ex-china :roll: and in all honesty while all the good people at south pacific tyres assure us they are made with all the same materials/processes etc, alot of people in the industy have noticed they take alot more weight to balance them now.

If you can find some german made ones on the shelf at a random tyre shop then sweet but I honestly would steer away from them if they are the chinese ones (most of them are now)

Nickf
Hey. They are NOT Training wheels.
Hey.  They are NOT Training wheels.

Post by Nickf » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I have had a set on my NB for a few months now. Lots and lots of grip, wet or dry. A little noisy but then again the whole car is!

Only real complaint is that they need very high tyre pressures in order not to sag in the middle. That it turn means a terrible ride. I am not 100% sure that the tradeoff is worth it.

SLYDIT
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by SLYDIT » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:23 pm

the chinese made F1 are NOT as good as the germany made ones....several people in the Aus forum have noticed the difference and changed to Toyo T1-R tyres...but of course you still pay the same price for the inferior chinese F1's as the german ones....
RED '90 TURBO.
SCARING PRIUS DRIVERS SINCE 2002

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”