Tyre Pricing - Eden Tyres, Mt Eden Auckland

Discussions relating to MX5 Tyre choice, Wheels, Brakes Suspension components and other items to keep you going around corners, stuck to the ground or stopping on a dime.

Moderators: Growler, jif, Born_disturbed, punkoutnz

Shermio
Need, more, 5-ing, time....
Need, more, 5-ing, time....

Post by Shermio » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:07 am

Ok Just a quick news update:

Greg no longer works at Eden Tyres.

Toyo T1R 205/45/16 are now going for $170 inc. GST Fit and Balance And I'm very likely to swing towards this option :D

The Sumo tyres I was talking about have all been sold out, I have driven a S2000 on these tyres and they were actually good loads of grip (But there's only a small warning before they do lose grip and let go), noise was acceptable, but was too late to order my set...

Oh well I guess Toyos T1R it is then...

:D
2002 Titanium Grey SE #8 of 15
Now With More Lights Than The Las Vagas Main Strip!

Gordon Tucker
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by Gordon Tucker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:36 pm

Having owned 6 MX5s. including 3 with 17inch Toyos (2 NA's, 1 NB 2.5), I'm pretty sure you wont be disappointed. As well as my yellow 2001 with 205/45zr17 Toyo T1Rs, I also own a 2005 NC RS with the factory 17 inch Michelins. Recently I drove the NC over the Whangamomana road behind a good friend in a NC who had changed to 18 inch Toyo T1Rs. A long time ago we were both involved in competing in motorsport, so we were driving 'spiritedly'. I was able to keep up as long as the road was dry, but there were some damp sections and he just drove away while I was trying to avoid wheelspin. :oops: I will be replacing the Michelins with T1Rs when the current tyres wear out :D
2006 NC RS, Winning Blue. Lowered 30mm with King springs, aftermarket rear muffler and single exhaust, Toyo C1S 215/45x17 tyres

Euen
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing
I am quitting my job and going 5-ing

Post by Euen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:22 pm

The Whangamomana Road is brilliant. We did it in both directions on the Targa this year and I loved it.
TG Sports, classic roadster - modern technology. NA1800, 99 head, 11:1 +2mm Wiseco pistons, Link LEM, Alloy f/wheel, JR headers.

Return to “MX5 Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes etc”