MX5 "Parts For sale"

Discussion about MX5s, Roadsters & Miatas, not directly fitting into one of the categories below. Please keep it on topic.

Moderators: LilRay.Sun, Furai, Growler, zorruno, jif

MatBat
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

MX5 "Parts For sale"

Post by MatBat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:48 pm

Since doing the turbo converison I've got some parts for sale.

Namely:

A set of custom tuned headers, they are 4:2:1 with a larger bore than standard (You'll need to get an exhaust shop to adapt the flange). They do make a difference to the way the MX5 performs. $OFFERS

and

An Alloy front strut brace< bolts to the top-mount bracket and braces across the engine, sadly my turbo gets in the way of this. $OFFERS

Located in CHCH

I also have some wheels I'm selling since getting the Volks, they are listed on trademe. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =103207129
Greddy turbo, Koni adjustables, Aerotech, LSD, 15" Volks with Toyo T1R's, Lightened body, Bonnet Vents........

poison
Keep calm, Forum Moderator here.

Post by poison » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Hey Mat

HOLD ON!!! You may not have to sell that strut brace just yet... is it one that mounts across the centre of the struts? Or one that goes across the engine at the back of the struts??

I have the one that sat at the back and just had to reverse it so that it sat at the front and misses the turbo.
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

MatBat
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by MatBat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:03 pm

It goes straight across the engine, Are you talking about the braces that angle back and run along the firewall?
Greddy turbo, Koni adjustables, Aerotech, LSD, 15" Volks with Toyo T1R's, Lightened body, Bonnet Vents........

poison

Post by poison » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:37 am

No I'm talking about the aftermarket single brace one's.

sometimes the brace is mounted inline with the cetre of the towers (top one in the picture - see link below), and other times they are offset (bottom one in the picture) , this is the style I have on mine, so I had to reverse it so the brace was at the front of the towers not the back. Does the same job.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 046914.htm

And just for the record, I'm not trying to reccomend a seller or product as I have no idea who the seller is as I picked their advert randomly as it fitted my purpose. :roll:

Hope that helps...
:twisted: Gazda in the white HOT Mazda :twisted:

MatBat
See my 5 and raise you.
See my 5 and raise you.

Post by MatBat » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:53 am

Ahh, I follow you now, nope mine is mounted smack bang in the centre so no swap around for me :(

Return to “MX5 Discussion”